I haven’t written any poetry in a long time, but yesterday I found myself writing again. When I write poetry, the pen moves my hand. The emotions write themselves.
And my goodness, this one needed to be written. I don’t know if it has all the elements needed to be published, but I submitted it to a well-known publisher. Chances are slim that it’ll get accepted, but trying is free.
Who knows, maybe this time they’ll say yes.
The poem is called Hero. I unfortunately can’t post it yet because I’ve submitted it. But I’ll post it in the near future once the reviewing process is over.
It’s amazing how much better I feel now that I’ve gotten all that emotion out of me and onto paper.
How do you deal with heavy emotions?
I have published work before! Here is my publishing history:
- “The Lucky Card,” Short Story in Bardic Tales and Sage Advice, July 2006
- “Dweller,” Short Story in Diodati Magazine – Issue 2, January 2016
- “Touched,” Poem in Straylight Magazine, Print Issue May 2016
- “Unintentional,” Poem in Literary Juice Magazine, Online Issue October 2017
- “Breathe Into Me,” Poem in Voice of Eve, Online & Print November 2018
- “Road Trip to Schladming,” Travel Article in Dave’s Travel Corner, Online, June 2019